- Berger, C. R., 2005. Interpersonal Communication: Theoretical Perspectives, Future Prospects
- Berry, J. W., 1997. Immigration, Acculturation, and Adaptation. Applied Psychology: An International Review, 1997.46 (1). 5-68
- Lahdenpera, P. 2006. Intercultural Leadership in School Environments, Södertörns högskola, Huddinge 2006, Working Paper 2006:1
- UNESCO. 2013. Intercultural competences. Conceptual and Operational Framework.
You are expected to read at least 3 articles from the following list according to your personal interest. You may also suggest other readings which will be then added to this list.
- Brew, F. & Cairns, D.R. 2004. Do culture or situational constraints determine choice of direct or indirect styles in intercultural workplace conflicts? International Journal of Intercultural Relations 28, 331-352
- Dovidio, J. F., Gaertner, S. L. & Kawakami, K. 2003. Intergroup contact: The past, present, and the future. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, 6(1), 5-21.
- Montoya, R.M., Horton, R.S.,& Kirchner, J. 2008. Is actual similarity necessary for attraction? A meta-analysis of actual and perceived similarity. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 25: 889-922.
- Vulpe, T., Kealey, D., Protheroe D. & Macdonald, D. 2001. A Profile of the Interculturally Effective Person. Centre For Intercultural Learning Canadian Foreign Service Institute.
- Worchel, S. 2005. Culture's role in conflict and conflict management: Some suggestions, many questions. International Journal of Intercultural Relations 29 (2005) 739-757
Additional readings are also given in the lectures.Open-access web-material:
Test about personal communication style http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/bp/app/thompson_ob/html/ch04open.html
Cultural awareness games http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/tools/resources/culture-tests.html