All the readings for this course belong to the Harvard Business Review (HBR) readings. They are all open access materials in the internet. Readings 1-3 are volumes of several articles, and readings 4-5 are single articles. HBR is one of the most prominent journals of leadership and management. Although most of the cases and examples on the articles come from the business world, several topics, frameworks and experiences can also be adapted to educational organizations.
The readings are also linked to the course assignment, which actually is about evaluating the applicability of leadership and management practices to educational organizations. You can read the articles at your own pace, but some of the readings are suggested after each session.
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Leadership
- HBR: Essential guide to leadership
- Best of HBR on Emotionally Intelligent Leadership, 2nd Edition
- Pfeffer: Evidence based management (In HBR)
- Oncken: Who’s got the monkey? (In HBR)