e-Oppi’s learning material
Right of use and accessibility
3. You can exercise your right of use to the book you have purchased through the online service where you have acquired your right of use. To use the book, you need a computer or smart device with an internet connection and a compatible web browser. The requirements concerning which devices fill these criteria can change over time.
4. A third party unaffiliated with e-Oppi (hereafter ”service provider”) is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the online service on which the book is located. We are not responsible for the actions or derelictions of the service provider, which may disturb or prevent the use of the books you have purchased.
Receiving the right of use
6. The right of use to a book is subject to a charge. Educational establishments pay a yearly license payment determined by their number of students. If your educational establishment has not completed the payment for you, you must complete a payment for the learning material yourself in order to receive the right of use to it. The cost of each book is specified in our price catalogue. The payment for a book is completed via the service provider’s online service.
7. If you are a teacher, you will receive the right of use to all the textbooks your educational establishment has determined their official learning materials for free. Your educational establishment must inform the service provider of the decision in which our textbook has been selected as the establishment’s official learning material, and supply a written document confirming that you are a teacher at said educational establishment and need the right of use to the textbook.
The contents of the right of use
8. The right of use gives you the right to (a) read the textbook on the service provider’s online platform as often as you desire to, (b) print out some pages of the textbook for your own personal use.
9. These rights are personal, which means that you cannot give other persons access to the textbooks you have purchased by giving them your account information. You also do not have the right to transfer the right of use to a textbook to another person.
10. You cannot copy, reproduce, forward, present or use the textbook or parts of the textbook in any way that is not inside the boundaries set in this agreement and the Finnish copyright law. You also cannot circumvent or delete any technical features of the textbook that protect it from being copied or reproduced.
11. Your right of use does not restrict our right to sell different rights of use to other persons.
13. The service provider may make it possible for you to publish your modified textbook so that other users on the online platform have the option to become participants or users of the book. The service provider may make it possible for your textbook to become visible to other users. Although we encourage our users to modify and customise their textbooks to suit their specific needs, we want to remind you that you can only give access to your modified textbook to people who have acquired the right of use to the same textbook.
14. You hold the copyright to all the changes and modifications you make in the textbook. If you decide to publish your modified textbook to other people, you give us a parallel right of use and utilization to the changes you have made. We need this right in order for you to be able to share the textbook with other users and for other users to receive the right of use to the modified textbook. This stems from the fact that e-Oppi Oy must hold the rights to all materials that are published in its name. We promise to only use this right to fulfill the aforementioned uses. For the sake of clarity, it should be pointed out that e-Oppi does not have the right to log in to your Peda.net account or your teaching material. We have the right to transfer or give away the aforementioned right if such a decision becomes necessary. This will not have any effect on your rights to the modified textbook.
15. You are responsible for all changes and modifications you make in your copy of the textbook. This means that you must make sure that your modifications do not infringe on the copyright of any third party. As our books are learning materials, it is important that your modifications do not contain factual errors, offensive material or misleading content.
Right of cancellation
18. As determined in Ch. 6, 15 § of the Finnish consumer protection act, you have the right to cancel your right of use during a period of 14 days beginning from the day on which you received the right of use. However, this cancellation right is not valid after you have already opened the textbook.
18. Your right of use is valid indefinitely. This means that your right of use is in effect until the other party decides to discontinue it. If the service provider decides to end the maintenance of the online platform where the textbook is hosted, your right of use is discontinued without further notice.
21. We make sure that our textbooks are made professionally and that they are of a high quality, but we cannot guarantee the validity of all information presented in them. The books may contain spelling or factual errors. The nature of scientific knowledge also necessitates that previously held notions can be replaced by new views supported by factual evidence. You do not have the right to ask for compensation for any damage that may be caused by factual errors contained in our textbooks.
The invalidity of provisions
24. Even if one of the provisions of this agreement were to be proven invalid, this would not have an effect on the validity of the agreement as a whole, given that the provision in question does not render the rest of the agreement irrelevant.
Applicable law and disagreements
25. Finnish law is applicable to this agreement.
26. We hope that no discord is formed between us. We try to solve possible disagreements through negotiations. However, if necessary, disagreements can be solved in a court of law.
e-Oppi’s learning material