Pappilanmuseo

The parsonage museum history

The museum was finished in the beginning of the 1800s. The head of the building process was Ernst Gustav von Willebrand, who built it as compensation for the timber, that was meant to end up for the museum but ended up at the factory. The materials needed for it were mainly from the woods surrounding the manor. Since parsonage was mostly built from clay, a layer of brick was made to surround it. In the kitchen of the museum, there was a big oven for baking. Nearly all of the pots, bowls and pans were made from copper.

The priest moved out of the house, and in moved a sacristan, that taught the kids to read and write. At Töykkälänmäki there was a small village center. The centers houses were taken down and replaced with granaries. In 1940 , the parsonage was supposed to be taken down, but luckily that was cancelled. Eric napoleon bulstoff was a priest , who lived in the parsonage the longest. Miina Sillanpää also lived there in her time and her room was called the bishop's room.

The parsonage was turned into a museum in 1959.