1. SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Peda.net is an online service maintained by the University of Jyväskylä. It works in a browser. Service is especially targeted for educational institutions and individuals (teachers, students) in those institutions, but it may be used by organizations, enterprises and private persons. Peda.net service includes e.g. free personal profile space (PPS) for user, which is under his/her control and an online learning environment powered by educational institution. A student may use his/her personal profile space even when he/she no longer attends the educational institution he/she attended when creating the account. Access to educational institution's online learning environment is controlled by the institution, and thus may be inaccessible after completing studies or quitting the institution. Peda.net user may discuss and share information and materials not only with the other users in the same institution, but with all Peda.net users, because Peda.net structure allows users from different (regional and educational) areas to share content and see each others profiles.
A service user may decide the form of his/her username. The created username is always public. Providing any other information is optional, but in case user chooses to add name or a description, they are public as well. All the content created to user's personal profile space is set private by default, but user can decide to publish contents to a certain group or to anyone in his/her profile at will.
3. SERVICE USER AGREEMENT
A service user must agree terms and conditions of Peda.net. These terms and conditions include e.g. following things:
Please make sure that
- You keep your password to yourself
- You possess only one account in Peda.net
- The contents added into Peda.net is created in respect to others and do not offend other users
- That the information you provide is accurate (providing false information may lead to account freeze)
- If you are under 13 years old, you have your guardians agreement to use Peda.net service.
- You are responsible for the contents in your PPS. In case of you notice any offensive or criminal contents added to Peda.net service, should you immediately notify the service provider.
- It is wise to back up all the important data also to some other service beside Peda.net's PPS: service provider does not quarantee the persistence of the data.
List of terms and conditions is presented to the user when he/she creates a new account, and they must be accepted to complete the account creation. Users are also notified if any changes are made to terms and conditions.
4. SERVICE USER PERMISSION
Individuals under 13 years may use the service with their guardians' permission. Please follow the link below for further information (choose the section meant for individuals under 13 years): https://peda.net/:register