We live in a world where we use English for study, work and entertainment. How comfortable are you opening your mouth and using English when someone comes and talks to you? Do you have butterflies in your stomach when you are giving a speech? Double butterflies if you are asked to use English? Are you interested in improving your skills in spoken English?
In this course, you will
- gain confidence in expressing yourself in English,
- expand your communicative abilities,
- deal with topics near to your heart,
- use English in different contexts,
- learn to take risks in getting understood,
- learn to debate in English, and
- learn to give short presentations in English.
How will you do it?
We use only English in the classroom. Together we create a positive and responding environment where everyone's skills and willingness to try is appreciated. Getting your message through is more important than using "perfect" grammar. Mistakes are ok!
We practice small talk on everyday topics, every student gives short presentations that we discuss afterwards and we give each other feedback.
We work in pairs, small groups and as a class. You will also have a one-on-one chat with the teacher.
You will be graded according to your level of participation. Activeness is a must. Missed classes need to be made up with additional work.