Valitse sopiva fraasiverbi jokaiseen aukkoon. Kiinnitä huomiota oikeaan aikamuotoon!
1. BREAK DOWN, BREAK OFF, BREAK OUT, BREAK UP
- We had to in the middle of the phone call because my phone .
- The police didn't have to the demonstration; a thunderstorm and did it for them.
2. BRING OUT, BRING UP
- Many women will be very interested to read the new magazine which will be next month.
A lot of important issues which other magazines neglect will be .
3. CALL FOR, CALL IN, CALL ON
- This situation immediate action.
- They are even talking about the army to bring order to the situation.
- The PM has everyone to use their common sense.
4. CARRY AWAY, CARRY ON, CARRY OUT
- It was clearly impossible for her to all her plans. But she still telling everyone
about them. She was quite with the subject.
5. COME ACROSS, COME ALONG, COME UP WITH
- Try to a new idea!
- I an old friend of mine on my way home.
She was going to a party and asked me to .
6. DO AWAY WITH, DO UP, DO WITHOUT
- Tony should his room. The paint and wallpaper are in terrible condition!
- Do you think you could the car today? I need it.
- From now on we'll all unnecessary expenses.
7. DROP IN, DROP OUT
- Last night our next-door neighbour unexpectedly.
She was upset because her son was going to of school.
8. GET ALONG, GET AWAY, GET AWAY WITH, GET OVER
- The shop assistant saw the thieves, but they before the police arrived.
- I hope to this flu in a couple of days.
- How are you two after all that fighting and quarreling?
- He was very clever, but not clever enough to murdering his wife.
9. GIVE AWAY, GIVE IN, GIVE OUT, GIVE UP
- Can you these papers, please?
- Have you smoking? Congratulations!
- If you keep other people's secrets, they'll stop trusting you!
- The boy tried to argue at first, but then he had to .
10. GO ABOUT, GO FOR, GO IN FOR, GO OUT
- The lights and we couldn't see anything for while.
- Mark some pretty unusual hobbies, doesn't he?
- I don't allow anyone to smoke here. I'm afraid that you, too.
- I wish you'd leave her alone and let her her own business.
11. HANG AROUND, HANG UP
- She before I could give her the message.
- They were just the Mall. They had nothing special to do.
12. KEEP DOWN, KEEP ON, KEEP UP, KEEP UP WITH
- We told him to stop, but he just . What is more, he the same speed all the way to the finish,
- It's not always easy to the latest fashion, especially if you try to your expenses.
13. LOOK DOWN ON, LOOK FORWARD TO, LOOK OUT, LOOK UP TO
- You shouldn't any job. People someone who isn't too choosy with their work.
- There's a car coming this way -- !!
- I'm seeing you soon!
14. MAKE OUT, MAKE UP, MAKE UP FOR
- Thank you so much. How can I all the trouble I've caused you?
- I can't what's written on this line.
- Bob is late again. I bet he's some fine excuse.
15. PUT FORWARD, PUT OFF, PUT UP WITH
- I can't stand this music, but I guess I'll just have to it.
- It's a pity that the meeting has been . I had some good suggestions to .
16. TAKE FOR, TAKE IN, TAKE UP
- I'm not a fool. Nobody can me .
- Tim speaks Spanish quite fluently. People often him a native speaker.
- Many of my friends wind-surfing last summer.
17. TURN DOWN, TURN OFF, TURN OUT, TURN UP
- She waited for him for two hours, but he didn't . It that he'd been in an accident.
- Please the radio or it altogether. I can't hear a thing.