Kaksikielisen luokan pääsykoe pidetään maanantaina 4.3.2019 klo 14.30. Jos oppilas on esimerkiksi kipeä kyseisenä päivänä, pääsykokeiden varapäivä on ma 11.3. Toivottavaa olisi, että kaikki pääsisivät paikalle varsinaisena pääsykoepäivänä.
Pääsykoe pidetään Porin suomalaisen yhteislyseon koululla. Sisään pääsee koulun sisäpihalta E2-ovista. E2-ovien jälkeen on aulatila, josta oppilaat haetaan. Pääsykoe sisältää kirjallisen osion ja haastattelun, ja kestää noin tunnin.
Tieto pääsystä englanninkieliselle luokalle ilmoitetaan huoltajille sähköpostilla viimeistään perjantaina 8.3.2019.
Entrance exam for bilingual classes is on monday 4th of March at 14.30. Backup day for absences is on monday 11th of March. Entrance exam is in Porin suomalainen yhteislyseo. Please come in from E2 doors and wait in the lobby.
Our school emphasizes different kinds of skills, activities and arts. We want to help young people develop into active, independent citizens capable of working cooperatively. As a rule there are less than 25 pupils in a class. Core subjects are maths, science, biology, geography, history, religion, health education, Finnish language and literature, English and Swedish. In addition, students can elect to study French, German or Spanish, for example. Students study also physical education, home economics, craft, and textile studies.
The English Classes at PSYL are a continuation of the English language education track begun at Cygnaeus Primary School .
PUPILS IN ENGLISH CLASSES ARE:
- youth born outside of Finland who are now residing in the greater Pori area on a temporary or permanent basis
- Finnish youth who have lived outside of Finland for any length of time
- children of families who know that they will reside outside of Finland for some length of time in the future
- youth who demonstrate English language skills adequate enough to receive all of their instruction in English
In the English Classes the content and topics of school subjects are studied in
both English and in Finnish. Effort is made in teaching to initially take into account the language skills of pupils at the outset of the study of a particular subject, after which pupils are guided to using the foreign language as a medium for learning the subject. English is used in teaching core subject topics when appropriate and the scope of the subject is covered. The goal is that a minimum of 25% of the lessons are in English. In accordance with the curriculum the core concepts of all subjects are taught in both the school's main language of study and in English. More details on the proportion of English in various subjects can be found by selecting the
The English Class line functions under the auspices of Porin suomalainen yhteislyseo (PSYL) School and follows the school's curriculum. Instruction in this line is meant for Finnish pupils who wish to expand their English language skills, for ex-pat pupils returning to live in the Pori area, as well as pupils living in Finland on a temporary basis. No test is required for pupils transferring directly from Cygnaeus School's English Classes. The objective of teaching in bilingual classes is that the student feels contented learning in English. It is hoped that s/he will develop the desire, courage and skill to use his or her English language skills. The pupil will understand English as a natural part of life and will actively strive to learn the language. The pupil will learn about foreign cultures and copes with appropriate messaging situations in the classroom in a foreign language.
As in the PSYL curriculum, one of the most important goals is a good basic education, which also guarantees the students in the English Classes a post-graduate degree in Finnish-language schools. Bilingual instruction is given in English and Finnish. A key objective is the robust language skills for the pupils. At least 25% of the instruction is given in English.
- pupils transferring from Cygnaeus School English Classes (no admission test)
- pupils who wish to further develop their English language skills transferring from other primary schools
- pupils living in Finland on a temporary basis
- ex-pat pupils with English language skills
- directly from Cygnaeus English Classes
- from normal Finnish classes after passing an admission test
- ex-pat pupils after passing an admission text
Application and Admission Tests
- Application forms to English class need to be filed and send to school (This also applies to Cygnaeus School English Class pupils.)
- Cygnaeus School English Class pupils will be accepted without an admission test. The rest of the places in the class will be filled on the basis of admission test results.
- The admission tests will be administered in February.
- A maximum of 24 pupils will be taken into the class.
- Parts of the Admission Test: a Finnish language test, mathematics test, English test, English instruction comprehension test (A topic will be taught in mathematics or another subject using English. Questions will be posted relating to the topic that was taught that need to be answered in English/Finnish.)
- Determination of Points: maximum score of 36 pts.
2. English oral test/interview 6 pts.
3. English reading comprehension test 6 pts.
4. English listening comprehension 6 pts.
4. Mathematics test 6 pts.
5. Finnish language test 6 pts.
- A minimum of 18 points is required for admission to the Bilingual Class.
- In the event of tying scores, ranking is determined by the points accrued in the order of the tests listed above.
Porin kaupungin muu painotettu opetus